My friend tells me that she loved this letter and even put it on her fridge! (A true place of honor!) You can make a "map" of anything! Here are a few suggestions...
- A memory
- A vacation
- School day/year
- A day with your child or special someone
- Your hometown
- A day in the life of your dog
- Your heart
- Your garden
- Your childhood
- Your future
- A negative shared experience (this can be a therapeutic way to handle a very bad day)
Some standard parts of a map I included in my creation were...
- Cartouche - an ornamental frame on a map. It often contains the name of the map or the mapmaker.
- Legend - the map's key. It explains the symbols on a map.
- Paths and Places - These can be cities, states, ideas, zones, sections, roads, highways and trails.
I hope you are motivated to make some map mail of your own! (I'm a fool for alliteration!)
Go Postal, Everybody!!
XOXO Mrs. Murphy