“The more you celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
- Peach Month: Send some peachy mail to a peach of a pen pal!! It's a month long celebration, so any day will work!!
- Romance Awareness Month: According to the Huffington Post and Glamour Magazine, August is National (US) Romance Awareness Month! Sounds like a perfect opportunity to send a love letter to your sweetie!!
- National (US) Picnic Month: Who doesn't love a picnic? Why not send a picnic invitation via post? I'm also thinking about sending some picnic themed books and fun mail to my young pen pals!
Days of Celebration
- (8/3/14) Friendship Day: (Celebrated on the first Sunday in August.) What better reason to send snail mail! They don't call them pen PALS for nothing.
- (8/3/14) Sister's Day: (Celebrated on the first Sunday in August.) Send some celebratory sister snail mail to your sister, or a sister-in-law or a best friend that is just like a sister, or ... you get the idea!
- 8/9/14 Book Lovers' Day: (Celebrated on August 9th every year.) Books are a wonderful package to send (and receive). Send one to your favorite bookworm. I like to tuck a few notes in the pages of the book.
- 8/13/14 Left Hander's Day: (Celebrated on August 13th every year.) It is said that 10% of the population is left handed. In the Murphy Family it's 50%!! Both of the Murphy Bros. are lefties while Mr. Murphy and I are righties. (We must carefully arrange ourselves when we sit in a booth for dinner.) Sending a fun left-handed package through the mail to your favorite lefty is an awesome idea! There are all kind of left-handed products out there you could include in your mailbox magic package.
- 8/26/14 National (US) Dog Day: (Celebrated on August 26th every year.) Lexi (the wonder dog) loves snail mail almost as much as I. She prefers to chew it, however, so I don't usually send her any. In honor of Dog Day, I will, instead, send some snail mail to my dog loving friends!
Join me in taking a few minutes at the end of July and plan some August snail mail! Accept the challenge to send some smiles through the post in August!
Go postal, everybody!!