When the Murphy Bros. were young whippersnappers they were full of energy. Their exuberant life force was wonderful on the playground, but not so great in the doctor's office, at a restaurant, or worst of all, on an airplane! In an effort to keep some semblance of order (and to hang on to my own sanity) I created "The Question Game!" Basically I came up with a zillion questions that I would ask the boys whenever we were waiting. They enjoyed it because some of the questions were silly and got them laughing. Others were more thought provoking and I loved listening to their "deep" little boy answers!
The Question Game is not just for kids. I've played it with many different people, family members, old friends, new acquaintances, co-workers, friends of the Murphy Bros. It's always fun!
Recently I sent a Question Game inspired letter to one of my pen pals. I composed a letter around one question. I wrote my answer making sure to give lots of details and I included a few illustrations! It was great fun! I can't wait to receive my pen pal's reply!
Here are a few questions to get your creative juices flowing...
- If, with your safety guaranteed, you could experience something considered very dangerous, what would you want to experience most of all?
- If your name were given as the description for any one word in the dictionary, behind what word would people find your name?
- If you had to choose your own epitaph of eight words or fewer (besides name and dates), what would it say?
- If you could be the editor-in-chief of any magazine in circulation, having significant input as to the style and content of the publication, which magazine would you choose?
- What season best describes you? Why?
- Of all the rooms in all the homes you've ever lived, which was your favorite?
- If you could enter a racehorse in the Kentucky Derby, what would you name your horse?
Now I have a question for you... Why not go postal?! Send more mail, people.
XOXO Mrs. Murphy