Summer has finally arrived in my neck of the woods and, boy, am I excited! I love the sunshine, warm temperatures and of course, visiting farmers markets! A recent trip to the farmers market and the USPS farmers market postage stamp series inspired me to compose some fun new snail mail.
I created a farmers market scavenger hunt for one of my young pen pals. Here is a sample of my questions:
- How many different types of berries are available for sale?
- How much does one of your favorite vegetables cost?
- How many different colors of fruits and vegetables can you find?
- Can you find someone selling fresh herbs? What kind are they selling? What do they smell like?
- Is there a farmer here that is selling fresh eggs? How much does a dozen eggs cost?
I'm hoping that this will be a fun activity my pen friend can complete with her family this summer!
Remember to look for inspiration for your snail mail everywhere! Romaine calm and send farmers market mail! It's magical...and sometimes punny.
Go postal, everybody!
XOXO Mrs. Murphy